Managed internally or outsourced
The Trust is given its own secure client portal on LMS – providing you with an end to end recruitment system for managing both substantive and bank staff. The client portal can only be accessed by the Trust’s authorised users and LMS helpdesk staff to ensure the confidentiality of doctors on your Bank.
- Simple to use - quick and easy to add jobs including reason codes/sign off timesheets; automatic identification of duplicate jobs entered
- Role based access and authorisation levels
- Highly effective job/candidate matching process – set to specific parameters and categorised accordingly
- Automated processes put in place – reducing administrative burden, helping compliance and increasing use of bank
- Compliance monitored – LMS can block non-compliant candidates from being put forward and send alerts.
- Ability to send jobs to substantive doctors in the first instance, then other bank doctors.
- Ease of communication with substantive and bank staff – no need to log in
- Full visibility on status of bookings
- Budget and overspend alerts for departments – allowing prevention/effective monitoring
- Online authorisation of timesheets - automatic deduction of shift breaks
- Full MI suite for reporting and review purposes
- Simple processes for consultants – approving bookings, authorising timesheets and providing feedback
- Data audit trail – all activity user and date stamped
- Regular governance updates and other enhancements – in line with market changes
Regular review meetings with detailed reports on locum usage by each directorate is split by the internal bank and then by each agency to closely monitor performance, helping us identify how we can use our own internal staff Bank more effectively, which agencies are actively supporting the Trust and, ultimately, how we can meet our targets on reducing locum expenditure”.
Sally Lewis, Medical HR Business Partner
The alternative is that we can operate and manage the bank for you
At Holt Workforce Management we offer an additional service to operate and manage the Bank for you – making the most out of the features and benefits available on LMS but also providing you with the expertise of our team to actively enhance and improve utilisation and size of the Bank.
Dedicated Bank Manager - Responsible for the day to day management; working closely with departments at your Trust and liaising with the team here at Holt.
Manage out of hours’ cascades of vacancies – 24/7 our team can proactively engage with your bank candidates before going out to external agencies.
Dedicated resource to manage all aspects of staff Bank – We will set up all the systems for your Trust and, utilising our extensive experience implementing workforce solutions, provide ongoing management.
Working directly with existing staff and potential candidates – We will provide support for candidates on registration and in approving candidate details to activate as “live” on Bank.
Managing Compliance – Our large compliance team guide doctors through the process and ensure that all relevant details are checked and processed in line with NHS Employment Check Standards. We will also continue to manage and maintain the compliance of non-substantive doctors, or those that have left the Trust but wish to remain on Bank.
Managing Leavers Process – We will play an active role – marketing the benefits of joining the Bank and managing registration
Recruitment and attraction of new Candidates - As a leading supplier of candidates to the NHS, we are well placed to support you with attracting and recruiting new candidates to join the Bank. We will develop and continue to enhance a bespoke candidate attraction programme.
Proactive engagement with existing Bank
Induction processes – Automated processes as well as actively checking relevant documentation received.
Self service candidate portal – communication and payment preferences; availability/unavailability – we can gather availability for accurate matching. Self booking feature available.
Regular reviews – including MI reports – Your Bank Manager will oversee regular review meetings, discussing MI provided for temporary staff usage through LMS, and ensuring we keep on top of changing demands and needs, and improving your workforce planning.
Solution customised to your Trust’s requirements – and market changes – LMS can be adapted to each Trust’s specific requirements but we will also continue to monitor market or legislative developments and discuss options to enhance LMS and the services/support we are providing, any changes to processes required.
Payroll reports - Automatically generated and sent to the Trust for automatic upload into ESR and allowing quick payment of staff.
Annual Bank KPIs - Set with Trust to ensure savings targets are achieved, reporting requirements adhered to.
Assurance of an approved “workforce management” Framework provider - under CCS RM1072 Framework.
Competitive pricing – fixed price per hour.
Saving you time – enables your team to focus on higher level work and reduces paperwork.